Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Paradoxical emotions

Yesterday, when coming back from the senior centre my nana visits everyday, she slipped in my aunt's driveway and fractured her neck.

While this is horrible beyond belief, thank God she wasn't paralysed. It could have been so much worse.

For some reason though, my aunt kept this under wraps for 4 hours! Simple ridiculous! What if something happened in those 4 hours...and the rest of us only found out too late...

Anyways, she's a tough lady. She's of the old stock, and I know she'll make it through.

I am just so worried. It sucks that I am here, so far away, and that everyone else is with her.

And while one half of my brain is consumed with that, the other is overjoyed that my experiment worked in it's entirety TWICE yesterday.

I was so happy at the lab that I did a little dance, and actually wanted to make out with the microscope. The frustration and anxiety of troubleshooting is definitely worth the pleasure of seeing your efforts result in some actual results!! This makes going to the lab exciting, and I can't wait to go back and be more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment