Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Motivation

So, of late, I’ve been having problems with motivation. It is hard to stay motivated.
There are so many things I want to do and explore in life that sometimes I find it very difficult to get myself to the lab, do work, and stay there. I often wonder if this is a waste of my time right now, and whether this is the path that is meant for me. I like the lab, but I don’t love it…so I guess that in itself is the answer!
Last week I decided that I am done with being unmotivated. Screw unmotivation. How though?
I tried reading articles about being a great grad school student…but it mainly just highlighted what I was not doing, or it motivated me for a little bit. That’s not the train I need to get on. I talked to my dad a bit about it, and he said it’s always good to pray about things. Which I agree with, but I believe praying is not very helpful unless you’re doing something about it yourself.
I couldn’t think of anything except to give unmotivation the finger, and try push past my apathy towards work. It’s going pretty well so far, although there are definite lulls and hard patches to work through.
Sometimes I wish there was a button you could push that would turn on the motivation…
…and why stop at motivation? Let’s just get a button for every damn thing out there!

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's the beauty about life - there's always so much more to be done. It's a journey of so much growth, and even in our shortcomings there are reams of opportunities to be found.

    I think you need to find hope and hold on to it. Life isn't some mythical Pandora's box scenario where, as a personal vendetta, she's withheld hope from your life.

    You need a holiday. =P

    ReplyDelete